Hello, I am Lisa Louise Ostreim, a new blogger who has been a writer at heart since childhood. I am here to share stories of overcoming…Overcoming darkness, disease, fear, doubt, and basically overcoming myself. Lest you think I have overcome these obstacles on my own, I must clarify, it is the Lord’s power, working through me, that has brought triumph into my life.
Have you read Hinds’ Feet on High Places? I would suggest you don’t waste another day before reading that book. I identify with poor little Much Afraid in the book. Do you find yourself afraid? In uncertain times? Wondering how a certain situation will ever improve? I pray you find comfort in reading my stories of a completely ordinary woman doing extraordinary things because of my God’s power and love. “It means there are no obstacles which our Savior’s love cannot overcome, and that to him, mountains of difficulty are as easy as an asphalt road!” Hannah Hurnard, Hinds’ Feet on High Places.
10 Random Facts About Me
1. 40 was a life changing year for me: I ended my public school teaching career of 17 years, began homeschooling my girls, and started a blog.
2. We regularly have 20+ books checked out from the library at one time!
3. My 11 year old daughter encouraged me to go on a mission trip and now I can’t wait to go on another one! Mexico Mission trip
4. I attend a Calvary Chapel church where the Pastor teaches verse by verse through the Bible each week.(Calvary Chapel Marysville)
5. I am finally starting to learn God’s word!
6. In 2001, I was diagnosed with a rare disease, aHUS(atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome). It is estimated that there are 5 of us in my state of Washington with this disease.
7. When my husband and I first met, I thought he coached football. It wasn’t until years later that I actually discovered what fantasy football was! (Now, I am in a league with him!)
8. We have two cats. One has a bad leg and can barely walk and the other is grossly overweight.
9. I feel the most joy and contentment when I am helping others. I often feel like I am chasing that high. (Lady in the Yellow House)
10. I receive a bi-weekly infusion that helps save my life.